F10 Antiseptic Solution – Available in: 100ml and 200ml concentrated or in 1 litre ‘ready-to-use’ bottles. ( ‘Ready-to-use’ preparations are pre-diluted to 1:250 concentration)
F10 Antiseptic Solution is a multi-purpose broad spectrum preparation effective against a wide range of bacteria, fungi, viruses and spores.
Uses for F10 Antiseptic Solution
- As a topical application to treat and help prevent re-infection in a variety of clinical situations.
- Wound irrigation and treatment: Remove gross contamination as necessary. Prepare a 1:250 F10 Antiseptic Solution using normal saline and irrigate the wound site as required. Dressings can be soaked in the Antiseptic Solution and bandaged over the wound site.
- Abscesses may also be flushed out using a prepared 1:250 solution. Abraded or inaccessible areas not suitable for high volume flushing can be sprayed with the Antiseptic Solution and allowed to dry.
- Large volume lavage: Where required a 1:250 solution can be used within the abdominal cavity as an antiseptic lavage in cases of sepsis, organ perforation or rupture or inadvertent leakage during surgery. Excess liquid should be removed before closure.
- Soaking of surgical swabs for placing under organs during surgery to reduce bacterial contamination following potenital fluid leakage.
- Respiratory conditions: Nebulise using a 1:250 F10 Antiseptic Solution made with distilled water for a period of 20-30 minutes once or twice daily for as long a period as determined by response to therapy. F10 Antiseptic Solution has not been shown to interfere with other medication concurrently delivered by nebulisation.
- Sinus and nasal flushing: For the removal of accumulated mucous, inflammatory material and the control of infection. Use a 1:250 of F10 Antiseptic Solution made with normal saline. Restrain the animal with its head downwards to avoid aspiration and syringe the cavity as required.
- Oral use: A 1:500 to 1:1000 solution of has been shown to be effective as a crop lavage for the treatment of yeast and bacterial infections. Administer by gavage tube.
- Skin, scale and feather decontamination: Treat the patient by spraying, soaking or washing with a 1:250 F10 Antiseptic Solution or by placing it in a nebulising chamber until the body surface is thoroughly moistened. Leave to air dry.