PRO-JOINTS INGREDIENTS EXPLAINED
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin are naturally found in the joints of the body but not normally found in natural food sources,
- Glucosamine is a building block of cartilage and joint tissue. It is the basis of the synthesis of several important macromolecules including glycoproteins, glycolipids and glycosaminoglycans. These macromolecules can be found in the synovial fluid, cartilage, tendons, ligaments and muscles. Chondroitin is the tough connective tissue within joints.
- MSM is a natural form of organic sulphur and one of the major building blocks of glycosaminoglycans, a key component of cartilage.
- Hyaluronic Acid is a glycosaminoglycan which is distributed widely throughout connective, epithelial and neural tissues.
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of cartilage, as well as the protection of cells from oxidative stress..
Vitamin C has the following ‘EFSA’ Approved Claims.
- Vitamin C contributes to normal collagen formation for the normal function of cartilage.